Once you arrange your HomePod mini, it mechanically connects to the identical WiFi community as your iPhone. That is nice as a result of it helps you to rapidly get began with utilizing your HomePod for listening to music, controlling your good house, and extra. Nevertheless, what in case you modified your house WiFi community, or perhaps you’re shifting cities and wish to alter the WiFi community in your HomePod mini. Nicely, fear not, as a result of that’s virtually as straightforward as effectively. Right here’s how one can join your HomePod mini to WiFi.
The right way to Change WiFi Networks HomePod mini or Join HomePod to WiFi
On this article, we are going to check out altering WiFi networks in your HomePod mini, and in addition how one can join your HomePod to an 802.1X WiFi community. For those who’re , we’ve got additionally defined in layman phrases how WiFi works on HomePod mini so you will get a greater understanding of it. As at all times, you should utilize the desk of contents beneath to navigate by way of this text simply.
The right way to Change WiFi Networks on HomePod
- Open the Dwelling app in your iPhone (or iPad). Right here, you’ll see an exclamation mark (!) subsequent to your HomePod mini. This means that there’s a difficulty with the HomePod’s community settings.
- Contact and maintain the HomePod icon.
- You will note a message saying one thing alongside the traces of “This HomePod is on the <WiFi community identify> WiFi community, which is totally different than the community that this iPhone is on.”
- Scroll down, and faucet on the “Transfer HomePod mini to <WiFi community identify>”
Look forward to a number of seconds, and that’s it, your HomePod mini will now be on the identical community as your iPhone or iPad. Straightforward, proper?
Join Your HomePod to a 802.1X WiFi Community
You’ll be able to join your HomePod to 802.1X WiFi networks that don’t require a one-time password and use the below-mentioned authentication sorts:
Relying in your wants, you may select to share the WiFi configuration out of your iPhone/iPad to your HomePod or set up a configuration profile to mechanically join.
Share the WiFi Configuration from Your iPhone or iPad
- In your iPhone or iPad, connect with the 802.1X WiFi community after which launch the Dwelling app.
- Now, long-press the HomePod tile. For stereo-paired HomePod audio system, you have to first faucet Audio system after which contact and maintain the person HomePod.
- Subsequent, scroll down and hit “Transfer HomePod to [network name]”. Be sure to faucet Performed after your HomePod has efficiently related to the brand new community.
Use a Configuration Profile to Mechanically Join Your HomePod to a WiFi Community
Apple additionally means that you can set up a configuration profile that mechanically connects HomePod to an 802.1X WiFi community. As a community administrator, you can also make a profile obtainable from a web site or an electronic mail message.
- Merely, faucet the profile in your iPhone or iPad after which choose your HomePod.
- In case your HomePod doesn’t seem, select Different Gadgets after which choose your HomePod. After that, comply with the directions to finish the set up.
Discover Your MAC Tackle
In some circumstances, your community administrator may have the WiFi tackle of your HomePod to have the ability to present entry. The Dwelling app for iOS provides fast entry to your MAC tackle.
- Open the Dwelling app in your iPhone. Contact and maintain the HomePod icon. Scroll down and you’ll find your WiFi tackle (MAC tackle) on the backside.
How Does WiFi Work on HomePod mini or HomePod?
Once you arrange your HomePod mini or HomePod utilizing your iPhone or iPad, your good speaker mechanically makes use of the identical WiFi community that your iOS/iPadOS machine is at the moment related to. Contemplating that each the HomePod and the iPhone have to be on the identical community to work seamlessly, this automated use of the identical WiFi is smart. Furthermore, it additionally means you don’t have to fret about manually switching the WiFi community in your HomePod.
However what in case you occur to modify to a unique WiFi community in your iPhone later? Nicely, on this case, you will want to manually change the WiFi community because the HomePod doesn’t change the community mechanically.
You’ll be able to join your HomePod to most 802.1X WiFi networks. Following the discharge of iOS 15.4/iPadOS 15.4 or later, HomePod can be related to captive networks which require further sign-in steps such because the networks provided by accommodations or dorms. Furthermore, in case your 802.1X WiFi community requires a singular identification certificates for every machine, it’s also possible to set up a configuration profile to attach.
Change WiFi Community on Your HomePod mini or HomePod With Ease
That’s completed! So, that’s how one can join your Siri-enabled speaker to a WiFi community. Though I’m fairly happy with the way in which HomePod and iPhone complement one another, it will be higher to incorporate each automated real-time switching and a bit extra management over the WiFi setting just about in tune with iOS as the prevailing possibility is a tad complicated. By the way in which, make sure that to share your ideas about HomePod and the place it stacks up in opposition to the likes of Amazon Echo and Google Dwelling.