Based mostly on who you ask, YouTube’s thumbnail preview that auto-plays movies whereas scrolling is both a boon or bane. The function lets customers take a sneak peek on the video’s content material whereas hovering over the thumbnail. Nonetheless, not everybody likes seeing a dynamic video when they’re looking the feed. It will get much more annoying on cellular, the place you may scrub by means of the video and allow the audio from the auto-playing thumbnail preview. So if you’re somebody who needs to cease YouTube movies from enjoying whereas scrolling, right here’s methods to flip off thumbnail preview on YouTube.
Flip Off Thumbnail Preview on YouTube (2022)
Flip Off Thumbnail Preview on YouTube (Android and iOS)
1. Open the YouTube app in your telephone and faucet the profile icon on the top-right nook. Now, choose “Settings” to entry YouTube settings.
2. Faucet on “Normal” beneath settings and select “Playback in feeds” to regulate YouTube’s residence feed autoplay.
3. From the pop-up that seems, select to show “Off” playback in feeds, and that’s it. The video thumbnails will not autoplay when you find yourself scrolling by means of the feed.
Disable Autoplay Thumbnail Preview on YouTube Web site
1. Open YouTube and click on your profile image within the top-right nook. When the pop-up menu seems, click on on “Settings”.
2. Now, swap to the “Playback and efficiency” settings part from the left sidebar.
3. Right here, disable the “Inline playback” toggle to cease movies from enjoying whenever you hover over them in YouTube’s residence feed.
Disable Autoplay Video Previews on YouTube
So, these are the steps concerned to disable autoplay on YouTube. In the meantime, if you wish to delete your YouTube historical past, you may verify our linked article. And for extra such suggestions, don’t forget to check out our article on the very best YouTube tips you need to know.