Having launched two developer previews of Android 13, Google is now rolling out the primary Android 13 beta for eligible Pixel telephones forward of Google I/O 2022. When you have a supported Pixel telephone, you possibly can check out the upcoming Android 13 within the beta channel proper now. On this article, we have now detailed the steps concerned to put in the primary Android 13 beta in your Pixel telephone.
The best way to Set up Android 13 Beta (2022)
Android 13 Eligible Pixel Telephones
The next Pixel telephones will obtain the Android 13 replace straight from Google. This time round, Google is dropping assist for Pixel 3a and 3a XL. Try the entire record of supported Android 13 Pixel units under:
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4a (5G)
- Google Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a (5G)
- Google Pixel 6
- Google Pixel 6 Professional
- Pixel 6a (prone to launch with Android 13)
Set up Android 13 Beta Utilizing Android Beta Program
In contrast to Android 13 developer preview builds, Google affords an official OTA program for beta releases. This fashion, you possibly can choose in to enroll within the beta program and get new beta updates as quickly as they’re launched. Observe the steps under to enroll in Android 13 Beta OTA program.
1. Go to Google’s Android 13 Beta program web site and sign up together with your Google account. You’ll now see an inventory of all of your eligible units beneath the “Units” part. Click on on the “Choose in” button current under your system’s title to enroll within the Android 13 beta OTA replace. It’s also possible to choose out of the beta program later from this web page.
2. After enrolling within the beta program, anticipate a couple of minutes for the OTA to achieve your Pixel telephone. You’ll be able to manually verify for updates from Settings -> System -> System Replace.
3. As soon as the replace arrives, obtain it and anticipate the set up course of to finish. Restart the telephone after the replace to start out utilizing Android 13 beta in your Pixel telephone.
Sideload Android 13 Beta OTA Picture
In case you like manually putting in the OTA picture as an alternative of signing up for the official OTA, you are able to do that too. It’s value mentioning that sideloading the OTA picture doesn’t wipe your telephone. Moreover, you don’t should unlock your bootloader to put in the OTA picture, making this a handy technique to put in the Android 13 beta.
As a prerequisite, be sure you have put in ADB in your PC and have enabled USB debugging in your telephone from Settings -> Developer Choices -> Allow USB Debugging. In case you’re not seeing Developer choices, you possibly can faucet Settings -> About Telephone -> Construct quantity seven instances to allow it. With that out of the way in which, observe the steps under to sideload Android 13 beta OTA:
- Obtain the Android 13 beta OTA picture in your Pixel telephone from Google’s OTA downloads portal. You need to place the downloaded picture within the folder the place you could have put in ADB in your PC. Up subsequent, open a Command Immediate window within the ADB folder and use the next command to reboot to restoration mode:
adb reboot restoration
- You’ll now see the “No command” display with the Android brand. Press and maintain the Energy and Quantity Up buttons for a second and launch the Quantity Up button adopted by the Energy button to fully enter restoration mode. As soon as the telephone reboots to restoration mode, select the “Apply Replace from ADB” choice. You need to use the quantity buttons for transferring up and down and the facility button to select in restoration mode.
- To begin the set up course of, use the next ADB command in your PC. Right here, <filename> refers back to the Android 13 beta OTA picture you downloaded earlier. For the sake of simplicity, you might rename the zip file to “replace” or “Android 13”, though pasting the file title straight works simply high-quality too.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
After the set up course of ends, select “Reboot system now” to restart your Pixel. Your telephone ought to now boot to Android 13 beta and you may decide up proper the place you left off.
Set up Android 13 Beta Utilizing Android Flash Device
One other technique to put in the Android 13 beta is utilizing the Android Flash Device. To get began, verify when you have enabled USB Debugging and OEM unlocking in your telephone from Settings -> Developer Choices. As soon as that’s finished, observe the steps under:
- You’ll now see a pop-up that urges you to permit entry to ADB keys. Click on on “Permit ADB entry” and authorize the USB debugging immediate out of your Pixel telephone.
- Click on on “Add new system” to hyperlink your Pixel telephone to the Flash Device.
- A immediate will now seem in your browser’s top-left nook. Decide your Pixel telephone and click on on “Join” to attach your system.
- Select “Android 13 Beta 1” because the goal construct from the record of accessible builds. Whereas it’s not displaying Android 13 Beta 1 within the screenshot under for the reason that system is already on Beta 1, you will notice the Beta 1 itemizing in your finish.
- By default, Android Flash Device wipes your telephone and relocks your bootloader. Tapping the pencil icon subsequent to the construct quantity affords you the choice to tweak the settings. Lastly, click on on “Set up construct” to start out the set up course of.
- If every part goes nicely, you will notice the “Set up Full. The construct has been efficiently put in. It’s now protected to unplug your system” message within the Flash Device. Your telephone ought to now be operating Android 13 Beta.
Set up Android 13 Beta Manufacturing facility Picture
Putting in Android 13 beta utilizing a manufacturing unit picture can be a risk you might contemplate. This technique is right for individuals who are utilizing a Pixel system with an unlocked bootloader. After guaranteeing that you’ve got enabled USB debugging, use the steps under for putting in Android 13 from a manufacturing unit picture:
- You need to first obtain the manufacturing unit picture in your Pixel from Google’s Manufacturing facility Pictures obtain portal. Extract the downloaded zip file to your ADB set up folder. The set up script wipes knowledge by default, however you possibly can select to retain knowledge. To do this, edit the flash-all.sh or flash-all.bat (Home windows) file and take away the “-w” flag utilizing a textual content editor.
- Open a Command Immediate window within the ADB set up folder and use the next command to reboot to fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Double-click on ‘flash-all.bat’ when you’re on Home windows or run the command ‘flash-all’ if you’re on macOS or Linux to start out putting in the Android 13 manufacturing unit picture. After the set up course of is full, your telephone will boot into Android 13 beta.
What’s the Best Method to Set up Android 13 Beta?
The best strategy to set up the Android 13 beta is thru the Beta OTA program. Join this system and you’ll obtain the construct shortly. If you’re somebody who’s comfy with ADB instructions, sideloading the OTA picture is the following greatest technique. Whereas the preliminary setup would possibly take a couple of minutes, putting in the construct is as simple as operating a easy ADB command.
Then there’s the Flash Device technique, which is right for these with a dependable web connection. In the meantime, the manufacturing unit picture technique is supposed for individuals who are already used to tinkering with their units and have an unlocked bootloader. Of all these strategies, you possibly can decide the one which works the very best for you.
Set up Android 13 Beta on Your Telephone
That brings us to the top of this Android 13 set up information. In case you run into errors or roadblocks throughout the set up course of, be at liberty to tell us within the feedback and we are going to attempt that will help you out. Should you don’t have a suitable Pixel telephone, be at liberty to undergo our Android 13 protection to remain up to date with all the highest options Google has deliberate to introduce on this iteration of Android.