Chrome OS usually stays bug-free and gives a seamless expertise, regardless of in the event you use Linux in your Chromebook or attempt to run Home windows apps on Chromebooks. I’ve even performed Steam video games on my Chromebook and turned on developer mode on Chrome OS to sideload apps, however no issues have occurred till not too long ago. Nevertheless, after the final replace, my Wi-Fi has gone kaput, and it’s not working in any respect. In such a state of affairs, I’ve no possibility however to revert Chrome OS to an older model on my Chromebook. In case you are additionally dealing with such a difficulty, you’ll be able to observe our information and downgrade Chrome OS to an earlier construct.
Revert Chrome OS to an Older Model on a Chromebook (2022)
1. First, open Settings by clicking on the cogwheel icon from the Fast Settings panel.
2. Subsequent, click on on the search bar on the high of the Settings web page and seek for “powerwash”. Now, open “Powerwash” from the search consequence.
3. As soon as you’re right here, click on on “Reset“. Word that doing so will fully manufacturing facility reset your Chromebook, so be certain that to take a backup of your necessary recordsdata.
4. Subsequent, click on on “Restart“, and your Chromebook will reboot instantly.
5. After the reboot, watch for some time, and a Powerwash window will seem on the login display. Click on on “Powerwash” to reset your Chromebook.
6. This course of will take a couple of minutes and your Chromebook will reboot once more. This time, it’s going to open the Welcome display. Right here, don’t proceed along with your Google account as we have now nonetheless not carried out the rollback step.
7. When you are on the Welcome display, press “Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R” and one other Powerwash immediate will seem. Once more, don’t reset your system because it is not going to serve the downgrade function. As a substitute, transfer to the following step.
8. On the Powerwash display, press “Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R” once more, and this time, the “Powerwash and revert” possibility ought to seem. It’s going to allow you to revert Chrome OS to an older model in your Chromebook. Click on on “Powerwash and Revert“.
9. The downgrade course of will take a couple of minutes, so maintain endurance. After that, the Welcome display will seem, and you’ll log in along with your Google account.
10. Lastly, open Settings, and you will see that you’ve efficiently reverted Chrome OS to the older model in your Chromebook. So that’s how one can downgrade Chrome OS to an earlier construct.
Downgrade Chrome OS to an Older Model on Your Chromebook
So these are the steps it is advisable to observe to roll again Chrome OS to an older model. I used to be dealing with Wi-Fi points on my HP Chromebook, and transferring to the final construct mounted the problem for me. Anyway, that’s just about it for this information. If you wish to set up Google’s new Chrome OS Flex in your Home windows PC or Mac, observe the detailed tutorial linked right here. And in the event you’re unhappy with the expertise and want to take away Chrome OS Flex and reinstall Home windows in your laptop, we have now a information in place for that as nicely. Lastly, when you’ve got any questions, tell us within the feedback part beneath.