While you put an app in full-screen mode by clicking the inexperienced visitors mild icon on the upper-left nook of the window, macOS routinely hides the menu bar. This intentional habits goals to ship an immersive viewing expertise by preserving the menu bar gadgets away. Furthermore, it additionally appears to be a neat implementation on the brand new 14/16-inch MacBook Professional to make sure the notch turns into invisible as a result of black bar of the full-screen mode. However what when you discover this characteristic a hindrance to your workflow? Effectively, right here’s how you can hold menu bar seen in full display mode on Mac.
Since Apple has put the choice to cover/present the Mac menu bar in full-screen mode contained in the “Dock & Menu Bar” preferences, it’s simple to get confused. When enabled, it means that you can make the menu bar seen throughout the system. Together with the system-wide setting, a per-app foundation adjustment would have been perfect. Hopefully, Apple will get it proper within the upcoming macOS 13.
1. To get began, click on the Apple menu situated that the highest left nook of the display.
2. Now, choose the “System Preferences” within the drop-down menu.
3. Subsequent, click on “Dock & Menu Bar”.
4. Lastly, uncheck the field to the left of “Robotically conceal and present the menu bar in full display” after which stop the System Preferences.
There you go! The change will come into impact instantly. Going ahead, the menu bar will keep seen in full-screen mode in your macOS gadget. In case you ever want to conceal it once more, return to the identical setting after which verify the field ultimately.
- In some instances, the menu bar will stay hidden in full-screen mode even after you will have unchecked the field for Robotically conceal and present the menu bar in full display. On this scenario, you could have to restart your Mac to implement the change. Merely, click on the Apple menu on the upper-left nook of the display and select Restart within the drop-down menu.
So, that’s how one can conceal or present the Mac menu bar in full-screen mode. It’s at all times higher to have the pliability to take care of a characteristic that will not curiosity everybody. This brings to thoughts the battery icon with out the proportion indicator that Apple has eliminated in macOS Massive Sur and later. Whereas many can be positive with simply the battery icon, individuals like me choose to have the battery share indicator to maintain a observe of the battery life with ease. From a consumer perspective, this isn’t an ideal design change. macOS’ default habits to cover the menu bar when an app is within the full-screen mode is just about on the identical line. By the way in which, do you will have any questions or suggestions to share? Don’t forget to ship your ideas throughout.