Home windows teams all of your downloaded information and shops them in a “Downloads” folder. If in case you have downloaded any file from the web, you should be aware of the Downloads folder. Whereas most individuals don’t change the default location of the downloads folder, Home windows presents you an possibility to do this. On this article, we have now detailed how one can change the default obtain location in Home windows 11.
Change Downloads Folder Location in Home windows 11 (2022)
What’s the Default Downloads Folder Location in Home windows 11?
Whenever you obtain a file from the web, Home windows shops them in a “Downloads” folder. By default, you will see all of your downloaded information within the following path:
If you wish to change the default folder for downloads in Home windows 11, observe the directions detailed beneath:
Set Customized Location for Downloads in Home windows 11
1. Open File Explorer utilizing the Home windows 11 keyboard shortcut Win+E, right-click on the Downloads folder from the short entry panel, and select “Properties”.
2. Swap to the “Location” tab and click on on the “Transfer” button to choose a path for saving all of your new downloads.
3. From the file picker interface, navigate to the brand new folder for downloads and click on on “Choose Folder”.
4. Up subsequent, click on on “Apply” to verify the adjustments. Going ahead, you will see your new downloads within the folder you simply picked.
5. Home windows will now urge you to maneuver all downloaded information to the brand new downloads folder. If you need all of your downloads in a single place, click on on “Sure”. It’s also possible to select to skip this and begin contemporary within the new folder.
6. To revive the outdated location for downloads, you’ll be able to click on on the “Restore default” button and use “<username>Downloads” because the default obtain location in Home windows 11.
Change Downloads Location For Microsoft Retailer Apps
If you wish to change the obtain location for apps you obtain through Microsoft Retailer, you are able to do that too. Use the steps beneath:
1. Open the Settings app and click on on “Storage” below “System” to view storage-related settings.
2. Underneath the “Storage administration” part, develop “Superior storage settings” and click on on “The place new content material is saved”.
3. You’ll now see a bit that claims – “New apps will save to”. Click on on the dropdown record beneath the header to choose a brand new location for storing apps.
4. Now you can select one other drive in your PC for saving apps downloaded through Microsoft Retailer.
Select Downloads Folder in Home windows 11
So, these are the steps concerned to choose the folder of your alternative for saving downloads in Home windows 11. It’s also possible to change the screenshot folder location in Home windows 11. In the meantime, if you’d like an early glimpse of what’s coming quickly to Home windows 11, check out our record of the upcoming Home windows 11 options.